- Nothing to eat or drink after midnight the day of your exam.
- If instructed by our nurse, you may take medications with a sip of water. Refer to medications instructions posted on this website. The scheduling nurse at the Hershey Endoscopy Center should have given you specific instructions on how to take your medicine prior to the exam.
- Do not smoke, use lozenges, hard candy or smoke the morning of your exam.
- It is VERY IMPORTANT that you follow these instructions. It is important that your stomach be completely empty for the physician to successfully and safely perform the exam.
- If you have any questions regarding these instructions, please call us at 717-531-1318.
- Questions about Prep after 4:30 pm: Call 717-531-8521 and ask for the GI Attending physician on-call.
IF YOU DO NOT FOLLOW THE ABOVE DIRECTIONS, YOUR EXAM MAY HAVE TO BE CANCELLED.